About The Position
We are looking for an inspirational and experienced Sales Engineer with a strong track record of selling enterprise cyber security solutions to Global 5000 companies. This is a strategic opportunity to be part of the team that takes XM Cyber on the scale-up phase of growth and shapes the future success of the company.
You will demonstrate strong domain experience in the enterprise cyber security space, coupled with a strong enterprise pre-sales methodology to underpin the success of your assigned territory and fuel the growth of XM Cyber.
About the role
As a Sales Engineer at XM Cyber You will evangelise, demonstrate and assist with validation of the XM Cyber solutions and value proposition to executives and cyber security professionals from G5000 companies. This role involves partnering with an experienced team of world-class professionals who all believe in the vision and future success of XM Cyber.
Additionally, as part of the role, you will work closely with the product management group to provide product feedback, partner with the post-sales organisation to help ensure that the customer base in your territory is seeing the product value and utilises the product to its full potential.
- Partner with the regional sales directors and select partners with preparations for customer and prospect meetings, presentations, scoping and competitive positioning.
- Provide technical guidance, and conduct hands-on product demonstrations and technical discussions with prospects, customers and channel partners.
- Lead and manage product validations and proof-of-value (POV) activities in complex customer environments aligned to defined client requirements.
- POV execution may include reporting to security, IT and business stakeholders, presenting the POV outcomes, assistance to the client and demonstration of best practices to ensure value delivery with the platform and other steps as part of the XM Cyber POV process.
- Represent XM Cyber as a key technical spokesperson and figurehead evangelising to the market and partner community, engaging in regular speaking events and conferences, and participating in roundtables with CISO and senior security management personas.
- Develop and evolve solution propositions that fit the needs of large enterprises to build custom propositions that resonate with the clients you are working with.
- Introduce and present XM Cyber capabilities, use cases, and technology via presentations, whiteboard sessions, and product demonstrations.
- Assist the account executive team with opportunity qualification by understanding the customers' business needs, operational pain points, and technology ecosystem
- Work with the regional sales director to articulate value propositions, differentiation, and solution architecture.
- Partner with the customer success team to progress and work on expansion and growth opportunities with existing customers.
- Work closely with Marketing, Product Management, Research and R&D teams to communicate customer feedback, request for enhancements, as well as provide the customer perspective on product usability and potential directions for enhancing and augmenting the existing product offering to increase the customer value and product capabilities.
Desired Skills And Experience
- 5-10+ years’ experience working as a pre-sales engineer within the cyber security domain aligned with G5000 and major government organisations.
- Excellent presentation skills (oral and written) for communication of complex solutions, business benefits, technology integration, product differentiators, competitive benefits, and an architecture that aligns with the client’s ecosystem
- Experience in security operations center processes and solutions.
- Experience in vulnerability management processes and solutions.
- Knowledge of advanced security operations architecture.
- An understanding of red teaming, penetration testing tools/techniques and threat hunting.
- Ability to understand technology in detail to then flexibly use the knowledge to bring to life impactful tailored demos and presentations.
- Knowledge of some of the following technology domains: EDR, SIEM, SOAR, ASM, CNAPP, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Scanning, ITSM, CMDB, Firewalls and PAM.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture and controls within AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Broad knowledge of the security controls an organisation can deploy to mitigate risk.
- A passion for ongoing industry education, including recent breaches and techniques used to exploit clients.
- Knowledge of industry frameworks such as MITRE, NIST, OODA, and Cyber Kill Chain.
- Experience in risk assessment, risk management, and risk consulting
- Experience in security incident & event management
- Experience working with major system integrators, MSSP’s and VAR’s in territory.
- Knowledge of information security standards (ISO 17799 & 27001, NIST, COBIT, PCI, etc.)
- CISSP/TOGAF or other relevant certifications – advantage
- B.S or higher education degree in Cybersecurity or Engineering – advantage
- Language Skills: English
- Ability to travel regularly within this region, as needed