About The Position
XM Cyber is a pre-ipo cyber security vendor that continuously and safely helps the world’s most secure organizations understand how adversaries can compromise critical business assets by simulating all known attack techniques, and then provides the insights to determine the right options to mitigate the risks.
XM Cyber is looking for an inspirational and experienced Channel Manager with a strong track record of building a channel for enterprise cyber security solutions where the end users are 2,500 employees and above. Having been recently acquired by Schwarz group the DACH regions is undergoing significant amounts of growth and interest from potential partners. This is a strategic opportunity to be part of the team that takes the DACH region to even higher levels of success.
You will evangelize the XM Cyber value proposition at senior levels of potential channel partners across DACH to build and execute channel plans that drive success. The role will involve working closely with the sales teams of our channel partners to generate opportunities in major target accounts and also managing smaller opportunities. You will be working hand-in-hand with an experienced team of world class professionals who all believe in the vision and future success of XM Cyber.
You will apply strong domain experience in the enterprise security space, coupled with extensive experience building a channel from ground up to underpin the success and fuel the growth of XM Cyber.
We are looking for somebody who wants to proactively drive the business while thinking strategically to build repeatable business models with our partners. This is very much a front of house role.
This role reports to EMEA Channels Director.
This position will require travel throughout DACH.
- Work with regional sales leaders to identify and target VAR and MSSP partners which have good alignment with the XM Cyber Tier 1 named account strategy.
- Introduce XM Cyber value proposition to identified partner organizations
- Proactively use your network both direct and indirect to create early-stage partnership discussions that you can then manage through to full partnership agreement
- Create strategic relationships with key people in the target partner accounts, for maximizing the joint go-to-market and revenue potential
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales activities and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Proactively lead a joint go-to-market planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones
- Drives adoption of and builds execution plans for XM Cyber service-based propositions with MSSP partners
- Work as part of an integrated channel and sales team to direct activities aligned to the focus partners
- Develop and own joint go to market business plans with partners
- Identify and establish distribution within our core focus markets
- Run regular QBR’s with focus channel partners to track and continue execution of jointly agreed business plans
- Help partners succeed by helping pitch XM Cyber to smaller end users.
Desired Skills And Experience
- 10+ years’ experience working in the IT industry with at least 5 years in a channel sales role within the cyber security market
- Exceptional presentation skills (oral and written) for communication of channel value proposition, business benefits, technology integration, product differentiators, and competitive benefits.
- Deep knowledge of the cyber industry and the different go-to-market models that VAR and MSSP organizations use.
- Strategic thinker with a view for building scalable business models
- Previous experience successfully building regional channel GTM within DACH.
- An understanding of key industry drivers and major technology vendors
- Ability to evangelize new technologies and ideas
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment and building a channel from ground up is essential.
- High level knowledge of some of the following security technology domains: EDR, SIEM, SOAR, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Scanning, Firewalls and PAM.
- A passion for ongoing industry education including recent breaches
- Direct end user sales experience an advantage
- Language Skills: English and German
- Ability to travel regularly within region, as needed